There are many benefits to doggy daycare, but it's not for every tail-wagger!
Good candidates for daycare are healthy , spayed/neutered, and well-socialized dogs who really enjoy other dogs and seek interaction with them at every opportunity. We will do everything in our power to set your dog up for success. It is very difficult for our team to have to tell our friends their beloved tail-wagger is not a good fit for doggy daycare. We ask that you understand we are truly looking out for the best interest of all our furry friends and not saying in anyway we don't love your dog or they are bad in any way. We take our commitment of safety and responsibility for your animals very seriously.
Dogs left at home alone during the day may experience some separation anxiety or display undesirable behavioral issues such as chewing and excessive barking. These can occur when a dog lacks sufficient exercise and socialization. Drop your dog off at The Downtown Dog and they’ll spend the day socializing with other dogs, interacting with our well-trained staff and burning off energy. At the end of the day, you’ll pick-up a happy and delightfully tired pup.
- Dogs must be current on all vaccinations: Rabies, DHPP & Bordetella (Bordetella booster every 6 months)
- No dog will be allowed in the kennel without proof of vaccination.
Unsuitable candidates for daycare:
- Unvaccinated puppies
- Females in heat/unneutered males over the age of 1 year.
- Fun-Police (Dogs who run around trying to control the movements of other dogs and interfere with their playing)
- High energy dogs who lack good social skills and whose intensity and energy often seem to annoy or scare other dogs.
- If your dog has ever bitten another dog, aggressive towards other dogs in any way (snarling, growling, mounting, bullying or snapping).
For those of you who live or work in Pullman, we also offer our shuttle service (aka the bark bus) to drive your dog to and/or from daycare.